Bridget Wall-Lennon for Wake Forest Town Commissioner
IHAVE lived in Wake Forest for the past eight years and enjoy all the town has to offer. From the quaintness of downtown Wake Forest to the progressive growth in and about the town, Wake Forest is a great place to live and raise a family. I am running for Town Commissioner because I believe my 20 years of experience in the public sector and passion for servant leadership can be used to expound on the successes already accomplished by the town board and administrators.Some of the biggest, but not insurmountable, issues are ensuring that we have steady economic development, job creation, workforce development, affordable housing and transportation. It is important that our first responders and town administrators have the resources and training they need to effectively serve, protect and meet the needs of our community.
I am from Charlotte and relocated to Raleigh in 1999 to accept a position in state government. I attended high school at Myers Park High. I graduated from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering. I have a daughter, Lauren, who is 5 years old and just started kindergarten at Harris Creek.
For 14 years, I served our state as a division director with the North Carolina Department of Administration and as Assistant to the Secretary of Administration. My responsibilities included setting up the Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses, which was created by Executive Order.
- Owner/Principal Consultant for BLWall Consulting
- 25 years of program management and small business development experience
- 20 years of public sector management at the state and local levels
- Set up the state’s Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB), which provides assistance with identifying contract and procurement opportunities to minority, women and disabled owned businesses.
- Managed a statewide program that over a 14-year period generated over $5 billion in construction and procurement contract opportunities for diverse firms in public sector, specifically state agencies, community colleges, state universities and school systems.
- Established the Contractor’s Networking Expo, which is held annually in conjunction with the State Construction Conference. Expo and annual conference is attended by 800-1,000 architects, engineers, contractors and public sector owner representatives.
- Recognized as National Minority Business Advocate of the Year by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency.
Public Service & Community
- Served in an appointed managerial/policy exempt position in state government
- Served as president of a local non-profit public service organization whose public service outreach efforts focused on Wake Forest, Rolesville, Zebulon and Wendell
Community & Boards
- Member of Women on the Move
- Member and Past President of Knightdale-Wake Forest Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Founding Member and former Vice President, National Association of State Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Directors
- Current Member and former Vice President, North Carolina M/WBE Coordinators’ Network
- Former Secretary, Carolinas Minority Supplier Development Council
- Former Board Member, State Employees Credit Union Advisory Board
- Former Girl Scout Troop Leader – Assisted in starting Girl Scout Junior Troop #3913 with NC Coastal Pines Council through a collaboration with the Knightdale-Wake Forest Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
- North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, North Carolina
Bachelor of Science degree – Industrial Engineering
- Tuck Minority Business Executive Program, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
Selected by the U.S. Department of Commerce/Minority Business Development Agency to attend Tuck Business School’s Minority Business Executive & Emerging Markets Program at Dartmouth
- Myers Park Sr. High School; Charlotte, North Carolina
I am a third-generation entrepreneur. After leaving state government, I leveraged my experience to launch BLWall Consulting. My areas of specialization include: business and economic development, program development, public policy, corporate and governmental relations, community engagement and involvement, strategic planning and process improvement, and supplier diversity and inclusion.
Having worked for or partnered with various statewide and national organizations, I have successfully built rapport with government officials, major corporations and public-sector organizations.Those same skills are what make me effective in coalition building, advocacy and public policy.
I enjoy cooking, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
P.O. Box 400
Wake Forest, NC 27588
Join the Campaign!
Let's work together to make a positive impact on the lives of the citizens of Wake Forest.